PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Joia Jewellery Store collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you buy a product.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Joia Jewellery Store is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ” Joia Jewellery Store”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). The personal data we collect are the following:
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you visit our website, and when you use your account to buy products and services,
- When you make an online purchase,
- When you create an account with us,
- When you purchase a product in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account,
- When you subscribe to our mailing list,
- When you engage with us on social media,
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To register you as a new customer and for the performance of a contract with you.
- To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(c) Deliver your order via Courier services
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected which is for the performance of our services.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
Orders: When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, to help us personalize our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organizations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org